Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Peaceful, Easy Feelin'


This morning I swam. I swam for almost an hour. I swam 20 laps. I swam backstroke (because water gets up my nose doing freestyle these days - stupid pug nose!). I swam with the kickboard. But mostly, I just swam.
I was the only one in the pool for the majority of my swim. While I occasionally obsessed over the amount of water I was obviously displacing all by my lonesome, mostly I just exercised, felt my body working and pulling itself through the water. I counted my strokes. I worked on breathing slowly and consistently. I thought a LOT about my life and where I want to go from here. It was incredibly peaceful and totally good for me.
When I was pulling myself out of the water I felt like I had the long, lean swimmer's body I had long ago.
Then my feet hit the pool deck and I looked down at myself. "Well, damn!".

No comments:

Post a Comment