Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaack

Okay, so it's been a long time since I've posted. I have a myriad of excuses, but mainly, I just haven't thought there was much to write about and I haven't taken the time to sit down and process my thoughts enough to write something.


And here I am tonight, not sure what I'm going to write about, but I feel the need to write.


I've gotten a part-time job that seems to be heaven-sent. I make my own schedule and the pay is decent. Notice I did not say, "the pay is great". But, I can drop Baby Girl at school, do all of my inspections, and be there to pick her up when the car-rider line is still on go. These are things I like. All the perks of staying home (i.e. getting to be with my kiddo when she's not in school) but actually getting a paycheck. BONUS!


Baby Girl has made swim team, so she and I are spending 2 nights a week at the local pool. She's getting great exercise and I'm getting all caught up on Twitter and Facebook. You know, all the necessities. But, seriously, what swim team has done for my child's self-esteem I couldn't have pulled off if I praised her non-stop for the next 10 years. It is awesome. I highly recommend finding a sport/activity that your child loves and sacrificing the time to be sure they are at practices/lessons, etc. Highly worth it.


And since I'm bouncing around like one of those bouncy balls tonight, can I talk to you about what I cooked for dinner tonight? It was from the freezer section in The Walmarts. (Swim Practice from 6-7. DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!!!) Buitoni Shrimp & Lobster Ravioli with Garlic Butter Sauce. Oh. My. Gravy. (Props to Jet & Cord from Amazing Race for that new gem). That was some seriously awesome grub. Highly recommend! Highly.


Next random thing that is on a super-short to-do list if you are Military and have kiddos from ages 10-13. Operation Purple Camps. Google them. Bing them. Do whatever you have to do to find them on these here interwebs. They are free, week-long, sleep-away camps for military children. Did I mention they are FREE?????? Sign up ends in just a few days, so jump on it ASAP!


Okay, so I have to get on the phone with my boss and enter all the data from my inspections today, so I'll do my best to catch up here again soon!


Love y'all!

The Sarge's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment