Thursday, March 4, 2010

What I Learned at The Wal Marts

I went to the Wal Marts yesterday for a few necessities. While I was there, I learned a few things:


1. Those pictures from the "People of Wal Mart" website are real. If I'd had my camera with me yesterday, I totally could have been published on that site.


2. I could never work as a checker at the Wal Marts these days. Don't get me wrong, when I was in college I spent every school holiday in the checkout lane at our local KMart. It is TOTALLY not a pride thing, I just don't have the patience.

I used the "self-check" lane because I only had a few things and the lines were long. There were three things that were just not going to scan for me. I straightened the bar codes. I wiped them in case there was some kind of condensation on it. I was about to absolutely lose my mind. Baby Girl was worried that SHE had done something wrong. I did everything but call those things children of God.

Thank goodness for the patient girl half my age attending to the self-check lanes, because she finally keyed the items in and I was on my way.


3. The ground beef in a tube stuff is just as good as the stuff in the styrofoam trays. It was extra lean, left hardly any grease in the pan, and was an actual pound, not a pound and a half, a pound and a third, or whatever the trays turn out to be. It was less expensive. It made my lasagna yummy. I'm a changed person. I'm no longer a meat tray snob.


4. The "Great Value" brand cheezy-poofs are the way to go. Baby Girl declared them delicious. And for the coup de gras, she said she could "taste the Wal Mart in them." She explained that they were "extra cheesy".

I don't think the Walmarts would use the "tastes like Wal Mart = Extra Cheezy" ad campaign, but I laughed so hard, it was well worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment