Monday, March 8, 2010

Here Comes the Parade!

Tomorrow I am travelling with Baby Girl up to Canton, GA. Sarge is based out of there for his Military Honors Unit with the D.O.D. But, that's not why I'm going. I'm going because his military brothers, heroes every one, will be returning HOME from De-Mobilization after spending the last year in Afghanistan.


The town of Canton is having a parade to celebrate these soldiers home.


We are having a ceremony and celebration at the Armory following the parade.


Sarge will get to see some of his best friends that he hasn't seen in a year. I will get to see my friends and their children with the husbands/fathers that have been gone for over a year. It will be a great time and a huge celebration.


But I will also be spending time remembering the 8 families of soldiers in the Unit that did not make it home from war. I know that 1st Sgt. Blair's wife went to Ft. Stewart to see her husband's soldiers come home, because her husband couldn't. He was watching over them from heaven.


My heart breaks for these families. But it swells with joy overflowing for my friends who finally have their men back in their arms. It is thrilled for the men who get to sleep in their own beds, under their own roofs for the first time tomorrow night. The men who for the first time in their recent memories can sleep totally relaxed, without worrying about attacks from strangers who want to kill them for being there, for trying to make things better for them and their countrymen.


I am so proud of all these soldiers. I am so proud of these families for making it through one of the toughest times in military life. I will be standing with my friends and waving my flag full of pride for my husband's Troop. And I am sure that pride will come in the form of flowing tears and cheers.


I'll post pictures from this great day tomorrow. Please check back and see my friends in one of the most joyous times of their lives.


I'm proud to be family of the 48th Brigade, 1-108th, Bravo Troop of the Georgia National Guard!


HOOAH!

The Sarge's Wife

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful welcoming and my heart always breaks for the families of loved ones who don't arrive home.

    Our service men and women are amazing!

    xo

    ReplyDelete